Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Freddy's scary weekend.

10/25/11 9:17 a.m. Update - His first day back was a very quiet day for Freddy. Nobody gets sleep at hospitals, so I think he just needed rest. This morning he's full of himself....I mean, he's full of energy. Yeah, right. There's still a little swelling, but he chased two squirrels this morning so he's definitely getting better.

Freddy's scary weekend. (Some how I delete this from blog. Luckily, I had a copy).
Posted: 24 Oct 2011 07:03 AM PDT
Drugged, transferring to hospital.
Freddy, the wiener dog, had a scary weekend. He went to the emergency vet and then to the emergency hospital. They diagnosed subcutaneous emphysema. For those of you who don't have Freddy's Facebook page, there are the entries from this weekend:

10/21/11 10:11 p.m. Came home from the football game to find Freddy with a significantly swollen head and neck on the left side. When we touched the top, we could feel liquid. Jeff is taking Freddy to the emergency vet now. Malibu didn't like Freddy's leaving without her.

10/21/11 11:54 p.m. Not good. Can't find reason for tear in trachea. It's pumping air into body. They're concerned about possible collapsing lung. Going to run scope down his throat. He's staying overnight. I want my Freddy Baby back.

10/22/11 10:18 a.m. Good grief. No news yet. At 7:00 a.m., Freddy was transferred to this facility. They've done their diagnostic work-up and are waiting for a specialist to run the scope.

10/22/11 11:42 a.m. Couldn't find a tear with the scope. Saw an "irritated" area next to the larynx. He's staying the weekend for observation. If he's better on Monday, then he can come home and hopefully it will heal itself. Until then, they want him nearby in case it develops into an additional problem. I. want. my. Freddy. Baby.

10/23/11 9:44 a.m. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I kept thinking that Freddy didn't have a woobie with him.

10/23/11 9:45 a.m. WOOHOO! FREDDY IS DOING BETTER. All these specialty vets and they still can't figure out what happened. But, wherever the tear is, it's leaking less air which means it's healing itself. Freddy actually ate food for them this morning, although they said he was a picky eater. [Really? My Freddy will eat anything. Gee, Freddy's being difficult on purpose? Imagine that.] If he continues to do as well, then he comes home tomorrow!! If the vet calls again I'll let you know. Otherwise, hopefully the next update will be that Freddy's home. I cannot thank my FB friends enough for being there for me and Freddy. I couldn't have made it through this ordeal otherwise. My peeps ROCK!

FREDDY'S HOME!!!  Freddy "chatted" all the way home.  He sounded like a little kid telling you about his terrible ordeal.  Really.  It sounded like he was talking.  Freddy is extremely happy to be home.  Malibu is even happier, but not as happy as Mommy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment